Chickpea Fries, also known as Panelle or Panisse, are as good as-maybe even better than-French Fries. Delicately crisp with a smooth interior, Panisse, or Chickpea Fries, will become your child’s new favourite snack!
Chickpea Fries with Red Chili Mayo Dip
All you need is:
For Chickpea Fries:
- 3 cups chickpea flour.
- 3 cups dairy free unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1–2 cups water (approximate; start with 1)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- Olive oil or coconut oil for frying
For Red Chilli Mayo Dip:
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1–2 tablespoons red chilli sauce
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3 cloves and 3 garlic
How to prepare Chickpea Fries?
- Simmer the coconut milk and 1 cup of water in a pot along with the salt, pepper, curry powder, and olive oil.
- Slowly add the Chickpea flour in a stream, whisking to remove lumps, Be careful not to let it boil.
- The batter thickens quickly; once it is thicker than pancake batter, remove it from heat. If it becomes too dry, add more of the water and then whisk to incorporate.
- Spread batter onto an oiled 13 x 18-inch pan. Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight (recommended).
- When firm, cut into desired shapes.
- Deeply fry them.
- Prepare chilli mayo by mixing mayonnaise, chilli sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper together. Serve together while fries are hot
- Serve hot with dip.
So, try this yummy Chickpea Fries with Red Chili Mayo Dip Recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Eggless Banana and Chocolate Chip Pancake
Marie Chocolate Rolls – Yummy Kids Recipe