There’s nothing quite like freshly cooked doughnuts. Make doughnuts at home! This basic doughnut recipe is simple and easy to follow. Crispy and Creamy Doughnuts recipe will make your kids fall in love with eating.
Crispy and Creamy Doughnuts
- 2 (0.25 ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
- cups lukewarm milk 1 1/2
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons hot water or as needed
Method Of Preparation:
- In a large bowl, mix together the yeast mixture, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, and 2 cups of the flour.
- Mix for a few minutes at low speed, or stirring with a wooden spoon. Beat in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Knead for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a greased bowl, and cover.
- Set in a warm place to rise until double. The dough is ready if you touch it, and the indention remains.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter.
- Let doughnuts sit out to rise again until double. Cover loosely with a cloth.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in hot water one tablespoon at a time until the icing is somewhat thin, but not watery.
- Set aside.
- Then Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slide doughnuts into the hot oil using a wide spatula.
- Turn doughnuts over as they rise to the surface. Fry doughnuts on each side until golden brown.
- Remove From hot oil, to drain on a wire rack.
- Dip doughnuts into the glaze while still hot, and set onto wire racks to drain off excess.
- Keep a cookie sheet or tray under racks for easier cleanup.
- You also can use Rainbow sprinkles/ Vanilla/ Strawberry Sauce to decoration.
Hope you found this Crispy and Creamy Doughnuts recipe is easy to make. Try this recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment Section. To know more exciting Kids Recipes, Please visit our Zedua Website.
Also Read: 3 Cheese Quesadilla – Yummy Kids Recipe