Sweet Potato Tots Recipe is definitely a made-over much healthier version of a regularly fried tater tot. Our tots are crunchy, slightly sweet and packed full of vitamins, minerals and fibre. Kids will love to eat these yummy tots.
Sweet Potato Tots
All you need is:
- 5 cups Fresh sweet potatoes, peeled, coarsely shredded
- 2 cups chickpeas, with liquid
- ½ cup Fresh green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt, as required
- 1tsp Granulated garlic
- Ground black pepper, as required
- Onion powder (optional)
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
How to prepare Sweet Potato Tots?
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Place shredded potatoes on a large baking pan sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes or until slightly tender. Do not overcook.
- In a food processor or blender, purée chickpeas, including the liquid, until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine shredded sweet potatoes, puréed garbanzo beans, green onions, vegetable oil, salt, garlic, pepper, onion powder, and cinnamon. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 40-45 minutes to make tots easier to form.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, roll 36 tots. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops of the tots with a spoon or a fork.
- Bake at 400 °F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Nutrients Facts( Per Serving):
- Calories 172
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrate 28 g
- Dietary Fiber 5 g
- Total Fat 5 g
- Vitamin A 12609 IU (630 RAE)
- Vitamin C 13 mg
- Iron 1 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Sodium 377 mg
So, try this yummy Crispy Sweet Potato Tots Recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Chenna and Peas Tikki