Kashmiri Pulao is a delightful rice preparation where rice is cooked in milk and is stacked with dry foods grown from the ground. Saffron is added to it too which gives an extremely pleasant aroma to this pulao. This gives the vibe of a happy festive season while eating.
All you need is:
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup (Soaked and drained)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Saffron – 1/8 Tsp
- Ghee / Oil – 2 tbsp (We used ghee)
- Cinnamon – 1/2 piece
- Cloves – 2
- Fennel Seed powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Cardamom – 2 pods
- Grapes – 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate – 1/4 cup
- Nuts – 1/2 cup (Almonds, Cashews and Walnuts)
- Raisins – 2 tbsp S
- alt – as needed
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp (Optional)
How to Prepare?
- Soak saffron in milk for 10 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp ghee to the pan. When it’s hot, add whole spices (Cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and fennel seeds) and saute for a minute. Add rice and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk, water, saffron and salt, and close the lid. Switch off after the rice is cooked
- Spread the rice in a wide pan and set aside.
- Add ghee to the pan, once the ghee is hot add the nuts and saute till they are crunchy. Add raisin at the end as they cook soon.
- Now add fruits and nuts to the rice pan after rice is cooled (Adding fruits when is rice is hot makes the pulao watery) and gently mix. Easy and yummy Kashmiri Pulao is ready:-)
- Serve it with any gravy.!
- Add fruits of your choice.
- Instead of using whole spices, you can also use garam masala
- Instead of cooking rice directly, you can also pressure cook or use a slow cooker
Try this yummy Kashmiri Pulao Recipe at your home and please let us know your opinion in the comment section.
To know more exciting kids recipes, please visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Palak Paneer Vegetable Fried Rice