Vegetable Pot Pie is a great vegetarian meal that can be made in a host of various ways. For a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, try this easy vegetarian pot pie recipe.
Vegetable Pot Pie
All you need is:
For the Crust:
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp Herbamare (Herb Seasoning Salt)
- ¼ cup vegan butter Water
For the Filling:
- 4 cup chopped potatoes
- 2 cups chopped baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted (Optional)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary, with leaves removed from the stems
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Small splash olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1–2 cups Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 7-oz pkg baked savoury tofu, chopped into ¼–½” cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk for brushing tops of pies
How to prepare Vegetable Pot Pie?
- Have ready mini-pan pie moulds tray and cutter. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- To make the crust, mix flaxseed meal and warm water in a small bowl and keep it aside to allow it to gel.
- Mix the gluten-free flour mix, almond flour and herbamare in a mixing bowl.
- Once well mixed, cut in the coconut spread with a pastry cutter. Once the coconut spread is completely cut into the flour mix add the flaxseed gel and mix until the dough forms a ball that easily stays together. If your dough is too dry add some water.
- Place the dough in a bag and put it into the fridge to rest and cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped potatoes and carrots with the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and some salt and fry them for minutes in low flame.
- Melt the butter in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion and celery until softened, then add the flour, cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Slowly stir in the vegetable stock and milk, and cook, stirring often, until thickened. For a thinner sauce, add more milk ¼ cup at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix vegetables and sauce along with the peas add chopped pressed tofu, mix well. Cover and turn off the heat until you are ready to fill the pies.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out half of it to about of an inch thick. Using the pie mould cutter, prepared the bottom half of each pie. Repeat with the remaining pie dough and prepare the top pie shells for each mould. If you have enough pie crust and filling left, you can use a small bread pan and make a pot pie casserole.
- Brush the tops of the pies with some of the unsweetened coconut milk and place them in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes. The individual pies cooked in 15 minutes and if you are also making a small casserole, let it bake for 10 minutes more.
So, try this yummy Vegetable Pot Pie Recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Fruit-Filled Pancakes
Chickpea Fries with Red Chilli Mayo Dip