Broccoli is a good source of fibre and protein, and contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium and magnesium as well as the vitamins A, C, E, K and a good array of B vitamins including folic acid. So, this Broccoli Spring Onions Grilled Sandwich can be a great choice for you kids breakfast.
Broccoli Spring Onions Grilled Sandwich
All you need is:
- Broccoli florets (blanched and drained well )
- sweet corn, some coarsely pulsed – 1 cup
- Small green chillies – 3
- Pizza mix powder – 2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped spring onions,
- Grated cheese – as required
- Butter – 2 Tsp
- Pinch of white pepper
Ho to prepare Broccoli Spring Onions Grilled Sandwich?
- Wash, clean the florets, plunge in very hot boiling water with salt. Keep covered. After few minutes, remove the broccoli florets, drain well.
- Heat a pan, add a tsp of oil, keep the pan in medium flame, add the broccoli florets, shelled corn, the pulsed corn, green chillies, spring onions, salt, the pizza powder, keep stirring on high heat as we need a filling that is not damp.
- Let the filling cool well.
To make the cheese toast sandwiches
- Use a grill if you have one. Butter one side of a bread, place on a hot skillet/ Tava sprinkle cheese on the top part, place filling on the grated cheese, again sprinkle cheese on top so that the bread will hold the fillings, while getting toasted/grilled .
- Place the other side of bread on top to cover the filling, and toast both sides on medium heat, carefully remove and toast both sides well, place a heavy object on top if doing on a tava, I use my roti marble slab, very heavy and useful !.so that the sandwich remains in place, the melted cheese will keep the filings together.
Try this yummy Broccoli Spring Onions Grilled Sandwich Recipe at your home and please let us know your opinion in the comment section.
To know more exciting kids recipes, please visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Soya Chunks Manchurian Sandwich