The carrot is a root vegetable, usually orange in colour, though purple, black, red, white, and yellow cultivars exist. Kids love to eat sweet all the time, so here is a simple Carrot Custard Healthy Kids Recipe. Which is easy to prepare and healthy also, and is also called as Carrot Pudding.
- Milk-1/2 lt
- Cashew nuts-6
- Custard powder-3Tbsp
- Sugar-6 Tsp
Method of Preparation:
- In a kadai add ghee, and saute the grated carrots until they appear a little cooked and the raw flavour vanishes.
- Boil the 1/2 lt milk separately and add sugar to the boiling milk so it melts easily.
- In a separate glass of boiled cool milk mix custard thoroughly without any lumps.
- Add the custard mix milk to the boiling milk and stir continuously until it thickens a little for the desired consistency.
- Allow it to cool and add the grated carrots to it.
- Heat a little ghee add cashew nuts, raisins, almonds saute until brown and garnish the carrot custard.
- Refrigerate it and serve cool.
- An excellent dessert for the hot summers and children would relish it happily.
ENERGY: 115 KCALS
PROTEIN: 5.93 GMS
VITAMIN A: 16706 IU
- They are an exceptionally rich source of carotenes and vitamin-A. 100 g fresh carrot contains 8,285 µg of beta-carotene and 16,706 IU of vitamin-A. Studies have found that flavonoid compounds in carrots may offer to protect from skin, lung and oral cavity cancers.
- In the humans, carotenes convert into vitamin-A in the liver cells. Beta-carotene is the important carotene type present in these roots. Beta-carotene is one of the powerful natural antioxidants that protect the human body from harmful oxygen-derived free radicals.
- They are exceptionally rich in many B-complex groups of vitamins such as folic acid, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin, pantothenic acid.
I hope you liked this Carrot Custard healthy kids recipe. Try this recipe at home and let us know your valuable response in the comment section. We love to hear from you.
To know more exciting kids recipes please visit zedua.com
Related Recipe: Avo-Carrot Savory Muffin | Kids Recipe