Quinoa Salad Recipe Is Great For Lunch, Dinner, Or The Perfect Side Dish For Potlucks And Parties. It is light, refreshing, and full of flavour. Plus, it is allergy-friendly making it a great salad for almost everyone!
All you need is:
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1 cup sodium reduced vegetable broth
- Frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to prepare Quinoa Salad?
- Place quinoa in a fine-meshed sieve and rinse under water for about 30 seconds; set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add quinoa and cook, stirring for 2 minutes to toast the grains. Remove from heat and slowly pour in broth. Slowly and carefully, stir to combine and return to heat.
- Add the edamame and carrot and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Calories 304
- Protein 12 g
- Fat 12 g
- Carbohydrate 38 g
- Fibre 8 g
- Sodium 406 mg
Quinoa is a whole grain that has iron, fibre and protein, just what kids need. You can keep it warm in a thermos or enjoy it cold. Either way, it has lots of flavours.
- Look for soybeans (edamame) in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Substitute canned chickpeas, kidney beans or lentils for the edamame.
- Drain and rinse well before using to remove excess sodium.
So, try this healthy Quinoa Salad recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Avo-Carrot Savory Muffin | Kids Recipe
Choco Walnut Cake | Yummy Kids Recipe
Dry Fruits Laddu | Nutritious Kids Recipe