Potato Nachos as they are way up there on my kid’s favourite foods list, but give them a more nutritious and sort of healthier spin. A little cheese and lots of fresh toppings like tomatoes, avocado, jalapenos, green onion, cilantro and radishes for a little crunch gives awesome taste.
All you need is:
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
How to prepare Potato Nachos?
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges or into a thin round shape.
- Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil, garlic salt and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
- Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and chiles.
- Bake for 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 659mg
- Vitamin C: 37%
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 13g
- Potassium: 913mg
Note: Preserve the color of cut potatoes by storing them in cold water, and add lemon juice or a little vinegar.
This makes your summer holidays and also the best tea time snack to enjoy this IPL Session. So, try this yummy Potato Nachos Recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Crispy Sweet Potato Tots