First of all these muffins look absolutely delicious. These Apple Banana Carrot Muffins are the perfect baby led weaning muffins. They are soft and spongy, easy to make and contain no sugar or salt. Making them the perfect first muffin for babies.
Apple Banana Carrot Muffins
All you need is:
- Whole-wheat flour – 1 ¼ cups
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Wheat Bran – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Soft non-hydrogenated margarine -½ cup
- Granulated sugar – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Skim milk – 1 cup
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Apples, cored and grated – 3
- Banana, cut into 12 slices -1
- Carrot, peeled and grated -1
How to prepare Apple Banana Carrot Muffins?
- In a bowl, whisk together whole wheat and all-purpose flours, wheat bran and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until smooth. Beat in milk and vanilla until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, add flour mixture and stir to moisten. Stir in apples and carrot and stir until well distributed.
- Scoop mixture into 12 paper-lined muffin tins. Top each muffin with a banana slice in the centre.
- Bake in 200°C and (400°F) oven for about 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and muffins are golden.
- Garnish the muffins according to your wish. We used cream, sprinkles and gems.
Tips: Wrap muffins individually with plastic wrap and place them in a re-sealable plastic bag or container and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Let thaw at room temperature or place in microwave to warm through.
- Calories 252
- Protein 5 g
- Fat 9 g
- Carbohydrate 40 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 200 mg
So, try this yummy Apple Banana Carrot Muffins recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Avo-Carrot Savory Muffin | Kids Recipe
Choco Walnut Cake | Yummy Kids Recipe