Egg Chops are the super tea time snack or tiffin item for kids which is easy to make and very yummy. A very healthy and heavy dish that fills your appetite. It is a popular evening time snack in many places throughout India, especially Bengal.
Spicy Egg Chops
All you need is:
- 4 eggs
- 250 g grated paneer
- 500 g potato
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 bay leave
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Coriander leaves
How to prepare Egg Chops?
- Wash, cut and boil the potatoes. When cooked, drain the water, mash and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Hard boil 3 of the eggs and leave to cool.
- De-seed the chilli, then grate or liquidise the onion, chilli and garlic.
- Heat some oil in a pan then add the bay leaves, onion, chilli and garlic. Fry gently for a few minutes.
- Next, raise the heat and add the red chilli powder and grated paneer a little at a time. Fry until lightly browned. Lower the heat again and add the garam masala and grated ginger. add chopped coriander leaves then allow to cool.
- Shell the 3 hardboiled eggs, cut into halves lengthways and remove the yolk. Mix the yolk with the cooled mixture. divide into 6 portions.
- Use half an egg to make each chop. Take the mixture and ﬁll the hole left by the yolk to recreate the egg shape. Do this for all 6 chops.
- Beat the remaining egg. Cover each egg chop with a portion of mashed potato, then dip into the beaten egg and coat evenly with breadcrumbs. Put the chops in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Finally, fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
So, try this yummy Egg Chops Recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Egg and Mayo Sandwich
Egg In A Hole Cheese Sandwich