We have made a tasty Garden Cress Ragi Drink by adding soaked garden cress seeds with ragi. Ragi also has some good number of Essential Amino Acids (EAA) which are essential for the human body.
Garden Cress Ragi Drink
All you need is:
- Roasted ragi flour(ragi huri hittu)- 1/2 cup
- Garden cress seeds ( Alavi /Bageecha Haalim) – 1 tbsp
- Almonds- 3 nos
- Dates- 3 nos
- Walnuts-2 nos
- Raisins- few
- Cashew nuts- 3 nos
- Figs- 3 nos
- Jaggery- 1/2 cup
- Saffron- few stands
- Milk 300 ml
- Milkmaid- 2tbsp
How to prepare Garden Cress Ragi Drink?
- In a small cup mix, the ragi huri hittu with water without any lumps / in case using ragi flour then dry roast the flour on low/ medium flame until the colour of the flour changes.
- Take a tea kettle to add water and melt the jaggery and drain off the impurities.
- In a mixer jar coarsely grind all the dry fruits
- Now to the kettle add mixed ragi huri hittu, ground dry fruits and warm saffron milk and allow it to come to a boil, in the last add soaked garden cress seeds.
- This drink can be served hot and cold.
- ENERGY:366 kcals
- VITAMIN C:69 MCG
- FOLATE:80 MCG
- VITAMIN A: 346MCG
Garden Cress Seeds:
- Potential Anti-Cancer Effects.
- Contains carotenoids which are good for eye health.
- Garden Cress has a Rich source of Vitamin C.
- Garden Cress is Anti-Hypertensive.
- Provides cardiovascular health benefits.
- Ragi also has some good number of Essential Amino Acids (EAA) which are essential for the human body. Few of the key EAAs which Ragi has are Valine, Methionine, Isoleucine, Threonine and Tryptophan.
- Valine is essential for repair of tissues, muscle coordination and metabolism and also help maintain the balance of nitrogen in the body. It also helps promote mental calmness and enhance maintain mental vigour.
- Isoleucine is essential for ensuring blood formation, keeping a check on blood sugar levels. It also helps heal and repair muscle tissues, bones and skin.
- Threonine helps maintain protein levels in the body. It also helps the formation of tooth enamel, also prevents the formation of fat in the liver.
- Tryptophan which acts as a natural relaxant and helps fight anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- Methionine which is a sulfur-based amino acid which is essential for various activities in the human body. It is said to help promote the growth of healthy skin and hair.
So, try this Garden Cress Ragi Drink Recipe at your home and let us know your opinion in the comment section.
Zedua collects and presents a variety of kids recipes in one place. To know more about exciting kids recipes, visit zedua.com.
Also Read: Muskmelon Juice | Healthy & Refreshing Summer Drink
Watermelon Juice | Healthy & Refreshing Summer Drink